The year 2017 flew by, but we have taken time to reflect on what we have done at Klein Buendel (KB) to achieve our primary goal of creating and evaluating effective programs and products for health promotion and disease prevention. We are thankful for the research, education, and outreach opportunities that we have participated in, and we are looking forward to continuing our efforts in 2018. Details of some of our 2017 accomplishments and publications are listed below. The names of KB investigators and staff are bolded.
SUMMARY OF KLEIN BUENDEL’S 2017 RESEARCH AND OUTREACH ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- In June, KB celebrated its 15th anniversary as a small woman-owned business.
- In August, one of our Senior Scientists, Valerie Myers, was made a Fellow of the Society of Behavioral Medicine.
- We were awarded 3 new prime grants and 1 subcontract.
- We completed 7 prime and subcontract research projects.
- KB scientists and staff presented research findings at 6 national and international conferences (19 posters or presentations).
- KB scientists, collaborators, and staff published 12 papers of research findings in peer-reviewed journals.
Read More Read More
Welcome to the new KB Collaboratory – a fresh new edition of Klein Buendel’s blog. The KB Collaboratory complements our newly-designed website and disseminates timely information about our behavioral health research and collaborations.
Because we’re a “small bunch,” KB’s behavioral scientists, research staff, and developers collaborate with researchers, clinicians, and creatives from companies, universities, research institutes, and cancer centers around the world to design programs and products to prevent chronic disease. Along with our research publications, conference presentations, website, and social media, this blog is a dynamic outlet for sharing the health communication, education, and technology research that we do in collaboration with our distinguished research, business, and creative partners.
Watch for articles and features in the KB Collaboratory on our:
- Research collaborators
- Abstracts and conference presentations
- New research projects
- Technology and products
- Outreach and education
- News and announcements
If you’d like to get in touch, please email Mary Buller at firstname.lastname@example.org.